Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
Salary: €50 – 65k
BSS are currently seeking a IntermediateQuantity Surveyor with a Residential Contractor for various projects in the Dublin & Louth area. The successful candidate will be working in their Dundalk office with Site visits to Dublin weekly.
• Your role will include working on projects in Dublin and surrounds, mainly on large scale commercial & residential developments and will be based out of our clients Dublin office.
• Liasing and reporting to the Senior QS
• Liasing with the Design Team to ensure requirements and specifications are met.
• Develop and maintain relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations.
• Attend regular site meetings and communicate effectively to team up-to-date on project development status whilst also tracking and resolving issues.
• Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects.
• Subcontract purchasing and monitoring of packages on site.
• Monitoring of contra charges and notification to sub-contractors.
• Sub-contractor re-measurement, interim and final account payments.
• Cost monitoring and reporting using construction computer software and attending monthly cost reporting meetings.
• Keeps abreast of various changes in industry and competitive environment in which the company operates.
• Degree in Quantity Surveying
• Min 3-5 years of experience with proven track record in dealing with Subcontractors and Clients in relation to Valuations, Variations, Final Accounts and cost reporting.
• Experience in Building, Civils and Groundworks Residential projects.
• Displays through understanding of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings.
• Displays high capability of extracting quantities from drawings and issuing enquiries to sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure that accurate quotations are received within specified time frames
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office and other Quantity Surveying Packages (BillSoft)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
• Must be highly flexible with a high level commitment to success.
• Ability to work successfully as part of a team with wide variety of individuals demonstrating effective interpersonal skills.
A very competitive package would be on offer for the successful candidate:
If you are interested in this role, please click apply or contact Sean Feighery @ BSS on 01 707 1012 today.
Sean specialises in the recruitment of Quantity Surveyors and Health & Safety Professionals from Graduate to Senior level across the contractor and consultancy sectors around the country. He has a vast base of clients including Tier 1, Large Main Contractors and Small-Medium Contractors/Sub-contractors as well as top consultancies that are working on a multitude of projects nationwide.
Established in 2005, Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are one of Ireland’s leading outsourced solutions provider and recruitment specialists. We provide managed solutions within the construction industry providing qualified staff for short-term & permanent placements.
Intermediate Quantity Surveyor (Large Main Contractor)
Salary: €50k+ DOE (Negotiable)
This position will be site/office based covering projects in the Dublin region, the ideal candidate should have minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role with a main contractor and be degree qualified.
The current workload is exciting and you will be involved at all stages of several high value projects. This is a great opportunity to be part of an expanding team, where you will take a lead role and work on some highly prestigious projects.
Salary Negotiable, based on experience.
Responsibilities will include:-
Commercial Management of Project and reporting to Commercial Director
Procurement of Subcontractor Packages
Preparation of interim valuations
Preparation of variation log and issuing clients PQS detailed variation costings
Measurement of project elements
Reporting of monthly CVRs to directors
Production and agreement of Final Accounts
Attending site meetings as required
Proven track record in delivering multiple projects within budget
You will need to have a strong work ethic, excellent IT skills with experience of MS Office particularly Excel and MS Project, be highly organised and self motivated.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply or contact Sean Feighery on +35317071012.
Sean specialises in the recruitment of Quantity Surveyors and Health & Safety personnel from Graduate to Senior level across the contractor and consultancy sectors around the country. He has a vast base of clients including Tier 1, Large Main Contractors and Small-Medium Contractors/Sub-contractors as well as top consultancies that are working on a multitude of projects nationwide.
Established in 2005, Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are one of Ireland’s leading outsourced solutions provider and recruitment specialists. We provide managed solutions within the construction and industrial sectors as well as temporary and permanent recruitment solutions for a variety of industries, providing qualified staff for short-term & permanent placements.